Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sound Recording

The sound recording season will soon be upon me. I mean, as winter ends many birds become more active, calling, singing and woodpeckers drumming. I mentioned that the other day the birds were beginning to get going (here's another photo of the Black Woodpecker that was drumming high on a snag), But spring is not here yet... winter could return any day. I was going to go out this morning but its very windy and that's one thing that does not help at all! Actually, besides wind, all kinds of other unwanted sounds get picked up through my sensitive microphone, especially in urban areas... vehicles, people, dogs, you name it. Even in the countryside, in places you'd think were quiet, planes flying high overhead, distance chain-saws and barking village dogs are a problem.

No comments: